Tuesday, September 20, 2011

WORDFUL WEDNESDAY!


HI!  This week I'll be doing Wordful Wednesday & I hope you don't mind.  Please read below.  Thank you.  I'm really enjoying meeting new folks & their wonderful blogs & I hope you like mine too from time to time.  Have a HAPPY WW!  Leave me a comment and follow me, and I'll return the love for you as soon as I can!
Me & My hunting Dog
“The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword”
Hello Everyone!
Not that long ago I wrote a letter to our newspaper that I would like to share with you.  I truly hope you find it interesting. 
 
To:         Public Pulse
               Omaha World Herald
       
From:    Tom Tomoser Sr.
       
Date:     September 5, 2011

Dear Pulse:
                                    “The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword”

              This Labor Day I had the pleasure of watching the movie “Veronica Guerin” a true story of one woman who had the courage to use her voice to topple the huge Dublin drug syndicate. “Ronnie” as they called her a married mother of a 6 year old little boy was a reporter for a Dublin newspaper.  By her undeniable courage, and her fearless efforts she brought to light how the drug trade was able to; import tons of heroin, distribute it with the use of child addicts, and operate with impunity because of Irish tax laws.

            She was shot in the leg, beaten by a drug kingpin, and finally murdered in broad daylight. Her death united and galvanized the people of Dublin to act. Within 30 days of her death Parliament amended the Constitution of Ireland and formed the Criminal Activity Bureau, with the power to seize asserts, and prosecute drug dealers. Less than 1 year after her death, the men who ordered her murder, had their assets seized,  were tried, convicted and sent to prison for life. This crippled the syndicate, and almost eliminated the drug trade in Dublin.

            200,000,000 million American voters need to make their voices heard by writing their Congressional Representatives, telling them, not asking them, to put America FIRST and Party LAST, or they'll be gone in November, Congress would certainly need to heed the voice of the people.

Mom Spotted with linky


For more Wordless Wednesday visit 5 Minutes 4 MomHere and ThereGo Graham Goand Hobo Mama’s WW Linky List!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this film. will look for it now. I totally agree with you that USA gov. needs to act on this ASAP! esp with all the violence & corruption just over the border in Mexico. Consider this message passed!
    ~Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Tom you give me goose bumps! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your letter! We need to do this! But we (people) as history teaches will sit on our hands until it comes to our doorstep. Then it will be a little too late and cost more to fight.

    We always say, oh but this doesn't affect me. But I promise, if it affects your neighbor. It does affect you.

    Wonderful letter Tom.

    And very nice photo of you.

    Oh and now I want that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you missed ANY meat on that deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great letter Tom. We definitely need to stand up and be counted I'd say! Way ta go Dude! You really got some moxy there kiddo! Not to many people would have the you know what to write a letter like that.

    ReplyDelete